Please read this entire description before applying. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Carnegie Prep, a growing standardized test preparation and private tutoring company, is seeking an Office Administrator to undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the team has support to work efficiently.
This role reports directly to the Director of Operations and assists with operations, inventory, payment processing, customer record management, data entry, customer service, and more. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies
- Answer inbound phone calls and distribute messages accordingly
- Manage general office correspondence and mail (emails, letters, packages, etc.)
- Track and process payments (credit card payments, checks, etc.), create bank deposit slips, send invoices, and support bookkeeping procedures
- Manage supply and inventory of course and tutoring materials
- Maintain and develop an inventory-tracking system
- Control inventory levels by conducting weekly counts and ordering materials as needed
- Maintain physical condition of storage facility by planning and implementing new design layouts
- Maintain office supplies
- Draft emails and other formal documents
- Enter information into our CRM database
- Assist the Director of Operations
- Assist other departments with event coordination, data entry, and other tasks as needed
- Running local errands, usually once or twice a week, with flexibility for more based on the needs of the business
- Perform all other office tasks
- Drafting practice test correspondences and coordinating all materials on a weekly basis
- Some weekend time required to monitor inbox for time-sensitive requests
- 1-2 years of proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant, or relevant role
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Top-notch computer skills (email, Word and Excel, Google Drive, etc.)
- Knowledge of office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time-management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, determine priorities, and problem solve
- Detail oriented
- A positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to jump in wherever needed day-to-day
- Familiarity with or interest in the standardized test prep process a plus
- Undergraduate degree required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for daily use
- Ability to participate in physical activity
- Ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- Light to moderate bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis (Up to 30 pounds)
While this list is extensive, it is not exhaustive. Carnegie Prep reserves the right to change job duties at any time to adapt to its fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position (Mon-Fri; 9:00am-5:00pm). Carnegie Prep is based in Greenwich, CT. While this position is currently partially hybrid, it will require going into the office at least 3 days a week, with flexibility for more based on the needs of the business.
Please fill out the form below and upload your resume and a cover letter, as well as a list of three references. We will get in touch if we are interested in interviewing you. Thank you for your interest in joining the Carnegie Prep team.