Please read this entire description before applying. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
For over 35 years, Carnegie Prep has offered academic support for students and families in Fairfield and Westchester counties and beyond. Founded by two teachers in Greenwich, CT, Carnegie Prep prepares students to meet the challenges of standardized testing, academic classes, and college admission, offering resources for students at all levels.
The magic of Carnegie Prep comes from our belief that all students can achieve. We pride ourselves in finding the right fit — teacher or tutor — for each unique learner, focusing on how to unlock each student’s innate abilities. Through communication with students and families, our team learns how to personalize our approach to the specific academic, social, and emotional needs of the individual student. We treat each student as we would our own children, and we work with families to design a manageable and systematic approach that builds confidence and helps students recognize achievement.
Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with clients, teachers, and tutors, the Test Prep and Academic Advisor interacts with existing clients daily and is successful at bringing in prospective clients. We pride ourselves in building strong, lasting relationships, and the Test Prep and Academic Advisor is often the first touchpoint for prospective clients. Based on their own experiences, they have a detailed understanding of clients’ needs and are able to advise on client-specific standardized test prep and academic plans. In a challenging yet rewarding role, they provide a level of personalized, ongoing service that leads to enthusiastic word-of-mouth referrals and long-term loyalty.
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Support our sales team with client consultations and customer-relationship management while ensuring client confidentiality
- Answer inbound phone calls and offer relevant support
- Conduct numerous phone consultations each day with existing and prospective clients
- Create customized and student-centric program recommendations based on consultations, and follow up with clients in a timely manner
- Provide ongoing strategic guidance and expertise related to college admission testing and academics, and develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Identify and develop brand ambassadors within client base
- Help to develop and execute customer satisfaction surveys for courses and private tutoring
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date CRM records of all existing and prospective clients
- Assist with thought leadership pieces
- High comfort level with, and interest in, college-admission testing and academic subject matters, with at least three years of experience in the test prep and academic fields
- Meaningful and relevant professional experience in customer-relationship management and consultations
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Topnotch computer skills (Salesforce; Google Drive; Microsoft Office; Email)
- Be highly empathetic to and understanding of each client’s individual needs
- Possess a strong work ethic, ability to think strategically, and detail-oriented
- Able to work a traditional full-time weekday schedule based in our office*
- Undergraduate degree required
*At Carnegie Prep we encourage a high level of work-life balance. Due to the nature of working with students and parents, some evenings or weekends may be required for this role.
Applicants must submit a cover letter explaining their interest in the position, as well as a resume and a list of three references.
This job description is not intended to cover every single requirement of the job. The company reserves the right to change job duties at any time.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Carnegie Prep is based in Greenwich, CT. This position is currently working remotely, with in-office work a few days a week. In the future, this position may require more time in the office on a regular basis.
Please fill out the form below and upload your resume and a cover letter. We will get in touch if we are interested in interviewing you. Thank you for your interest in joining the Carnegie Prep team.