Please read this entire description before applying. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
For over 35 years, Carnegie Prep has offered academic support for students and families in Fairfield and Westchester counties and beyond. Founded by two teachers in Greenwich, CT, Carnegie Prep prepares students to meet the challenges of standardized testing, academic classes, and college admission, offering resources for students at all levels.
The magic of Carnegie Prep comes from our belief that all students can achieve. We pride ourselves in finding the right fit — teacher or tutor — for each unique learner, focusing on how to unlock each student’s innate abilities. Through communication with students and families, our team learns how to personalize our approach to the specific academic, social, and emotional needs of the individual student. We treat each student as we would our own children, and we work with families to design a manageable and systematic approach that builds confidence and helps students recognize achievement.
Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with clients, teachers, and tutors, the advisor interacts with existing clients and is successful at bringing in prospective clients. We pride ourselves in building strong, lasting relationships, and this role is often the first touchpoint for prospective clients looking to apply to private schools. The advisor should have a detailed understanding of clients’ needs and be able to advise on client-specific standardized test prep and academic plans. In a challenging yet rewarding role, the advisor provides a level of personalized, ongoing service that leads to enthusiastic word-of-mouth referrals and long-term loyalty.
The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated and trustworthy, and able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Provide ongoing strategic guidance and expertise related to private (day and boarding) school admissions testing and academics, and develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Support our sales team with client consultations and customer-relationship management while ensuring client confidentiality
- Answer inbound phone calls and offer relevant support
- Conduct numerous phone consultations each day with existing and prospective clients
- Create customized and student-centric program recommendations based on consultations, and follow up with clients in a timely manner
- Identify and develop brand ambassadors within client base
- In-house expert for private school and specialized high school testing – keep colleagues and tutors/teachers apprised of all SSAT, ISEE, TACHS, HSPT and SHSAT news.
- Help build relationships with secondary schools and stay up-to-date with admissions requirements
- Stay informed on and actively communicate best-in-class materials for SSAT/ISEE/SHSAT/TACHS/HSPT preparation.
- Help to develop and execute customer satisfaction surveys for courses and private tutoring
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date CRM records of all existing and prospective clients
- Collaborate with Marketing team to develop communication plans related to private school testing
- Assist with thought leadership pieces
- Due to the nature of working with students and parents, some evenings or weekends may be required for this role
- In-depth understanding of SSAT and ISEE tests with knowledge of TACHS, HSPT and SHSAT tests
- High comfort level with, and interest in, private school admission testing and academic subject matters
- Meaningful and relevant professional experience in customer-relationship management and consultations
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Topnotch computer skills (Google Drive; Microsoft Office; Email; Salesforce)
- Be highly empathetic to and understanding of each client’s individual needs
- Possess a strong work ethic, ability to think strategically, and detail-oriented
- Undergraduate degree required
While this list is extensive, it is not exhaustive. Carnegie Prep reserves the right to change job duties at any time to adapt to its fast-paced environment.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Carnegie Prep is based in Greenwich, CT. While this position is currently REMOTE, it would be ideal if you live in the Fairfield/Westchester County area, though not required.
Please fill out the form below and upload your resume and a cover letter. We will get in touch if we are interested in interviewing you. Thank you for your interest in joining the Carnegie Prep team.