Please read this entire description before applying. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Carnegie Prep, a growing standardized test preparation and private tutoring company, is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to join our team. Hours are flexible – a majority of the work can be done remotely with meetings in the Greenwich office once a month. The bookkeeper will be responsible for the execution of routine bookkeeping and the ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. They will be self-motivated, trustworthy, and a team player.
- Perform general bookkeeping duties, including posting information to Quickbooks and regularly reconciling accounts
- Perform reconciliations of bank accounts on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy
- Create invoices, ensure that receivables are collected in a timely manner and journaled to the correct code
- Pay vendor invoices, match and assign to appropriate code
- Track bank account balances
- Process refunds
- Coordinate bank deposits and record all cash receipts
- Monitor office expenses
- Report monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation and analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or relevant field (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures
- 2+ years bookkeeping experience
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Quickbooks
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Topnotch computer skills (MS Office, MS Excel, Google Drive, email)
- Decisive, organized, and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Proven record of identifying underlying issues and implementing thoughtful and effective solutions
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Applicants must submit a cover letter explaining their interest in the position, as well as a resume and a list of three references.
Carnegie Prep is based in Greenwich, CT. While this position is currently REMOTE, it would be ideal if you live in the Fairfield/Westchester County area, though not required.
Please fill out the form below and upload your resume and a cover letter. We will get in touch if we are interested in interviewing you. Thank you for your interest in joining the Carnegie Prep team.